BroadBranch’s approach to helping companies achieve long-term growth development via corporate strategy begins by creating a detailed assessment of your unique competitive advantages in the context of the broader market.
Key questions that inform this assessment vary from case-to-case, but an illustrative list of questions could include:
- What are your privileged assets and relationships? How does this vary by business unit?
- What are the underlying economic drivers and areas of competitive differentiation?
- How is the competitive landscape developing and how does it compare to your current portfolio mix?
- How strong are business unit value propositions and where are profits generated?
- What are key supply chain dependencies, if any?
- What do your customers and non-customers like and dislike about your businesses?
- How is your organization structured and how effective is it?
- What are the pros and cons of current capital structure and policies?
- What are the key risks facing your business and what is the plan to both monitor and mitigate each?
- How do other factors impact your business (e.g., environmental, health and safety, controls and strategy)?