Will BuchananSenior Associate
areas of expertise
- Organic growth strategy – market analysis (VOC, growth forecasting, growth drivers); competitor tear-down; go-to-market strategy; product development strategy; commercial organization analysis
- Inorganic growth strategy – commercial due diligence; integration strategy; diversification strategy
- Healthcare diagnostics
- Creating systems to improve employee performance
- MBA, UVA Darden School of Business
- MBA, Global Capital Markets, London School of Economics
- BA, Trinity College
Will is currently a Senior Associate at BroadBranch. A former teacher, coach and education entrepreneur, Will started at BroadBranch in 2017 as an intern between his 1st and 2nd year at UVA Darden School of Business. He spent that summer working on a water voice-of-the-customer project; an end-market analysis of the adhesives and sealants industry; and a commercial due diligence in the life sciences industry. At Darden, Will was a member of Community Consultants of Darden (CCoD), where he led pro bono consulting projects for a local venture capital firm and a non-profit. He was also selected as an instructor for the Prison Recidivism Education Program (PREP), where he taught an entrepreneurship class at a local prison and helped inmates develop business plans for when they were released.
A sample of recent project work includes an analysis of the in-vitro diagnostics industry, organic growth strategy in the biotechnology industry and commercial due diligence in the industrial industry. Will also leads development of BroadBranch’s professional development offering, which trains executives on best practices for market insight generation.